Functioning guidelines with regard to COVID 19 / Coronavirus
In keeping with Health Canada guidelines detailed by the Public Health Agency of Canada, we request our community to follow guidelines below until further notice. We will update you when conditions change, but until you hear from us, please note the following:
All pubilc events at Tisarana have been cancelled until further notice.
- All pujas will be restricted to the resident community
- Saturday afternoon public meditation sessions will not recommence until further notice
- All New Guest Orientation events have been cancelled for the time being
- The Sala is not open to non-residents for meditation or gatherings
Until further notice we will not be open for overnight guests. If you have made a booking to stay with us after April 1, 2020, we will email you a letter of cancellation.
The booking form will not be available online until Health Canada lifts restrictions on public gatherings.
Dana & Food:
The kitchen is a high-risk area for the spread of infection and disease. We request that
- All groceries and food be dropped off at the designated drop-off table, just outside the front entrace to the boot-room.
- The kitchen area will be restricted for the use of residents only
- Once you have dropped off your dana, it will be offered to the sangha by the residents
- The Anumodana will be chanted daily but given the size of our hall, proper social distancing can not be practiced. Hence we request that non-residents do not gather for the meal.
We understand that these guidelines deviate from our normal mode of functioning and may cause inconvenience to our community. However, in order to prevent the spread of serious illness and keeping with Canada’s response to the current pandemic, these guidelines are in place.
This is a great opportunity to watch our mind during stressful situations, being mindful of how we respond with empathy and kindness.
May all beings be well & happy.