Keeping with this tradition, the monks at Tisarana walk on almsround once a week in Perth.
As we strive to make this as convenient, flexible and stress-free as possible, we may occasionally tweak our plans with adequate notice.
Your feedback and suggestions are important, please let us know if you have any ideas that may make this work better…
- The walk commences at Scotch line and Gore St. around 9:00 AM proceeding to Herriott St. via Gore St.
- The monks will wait for a couple of minutes at Stewart Park next to the Big Ben statue
- They will then walk up Wilson St. to the Metro Grocery Store
- Then retrace and return to Gore St. via Foster St.
- They will continue walking on Gore st till 10.30 AM
- They will be driven back to the monastery with the offerings received to share with the rest of the community and partake in the regular dana offering for the day. So they will not be solely dependent on the alms received in Perth for their meal that day.
- The almsrounds is intended to take place every lunar observance day.
- Please note that the lunar days are not always 7 days apart. Sometimes they are 6 or 8 days apart, so it is best to check the monasteries calendar either on Tisarana’s website or in a free distribution Forest Sangha Calendar available at the monastery.
- Here is a link to the calendar on Tisarana’s webpage that indicates when the lunar days will take place:
On the lunar days that the monks will not be going on almsround, an update will be posted on the website a day in advance and an email will be sent to the weekly supporters in Perth.
Offerings collected on Almsround will be supplemented from food offered at Tisarana. There are some options that provide flexibility:
The easiest way to contribute is to approach monks while they are walking the route explained above.
For Perth Residences:
The monks will knock on the doors of those who have indicated interest in making an offering.
- Those who are Perth residents and are interested in making an offering every now and then, not every week
- can email the Tisarana office email account latest a day before the date to indicate their interest in participating. Please use the words “alms round” in the subject line and body of the email.
- Then the monks will come to their home only on that day indicated.
- Those who are Perth residences and are interested in offering on an ongoing basis
- can email the Tisarana office account, indicated above, expressing your interest in providing a weekly offering. Please use the words “alms round” in the subject line and body of the email.
- After the initial email the monks will assume that you would like to offer alms each week unless they receive an email from you indicating otherwise. Please feel free to let us know if a week / or a few weeks would not work for you.
- The Tisarana office email is: firstname.lastname@example.org or please click here to contact the office.
If you have any questions regarding the Perth almsround please contact Tina at email@example.com