Here is a list of the following food and household related items that are needed by the Tisarana community at this time . . .
This list is in order of what is needed most right now. Our needs can change frequently because our stores of food (especially perishables) can sometimes be low in the morning and full by the afternoon and then low again a week later. We try to keep the list as up to date as possible.
Last Updated: March 24, 2017
Non-Perishable Food Items:
(NB: Within the monastic community there are severe allergies to fish and peanuts.
- Coconut milk
- Nutritional Yeast
- Nuts (almonds, walnuts, etc) & Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, etc.). Due to an allergy, peanuts are not needed.
- Dried Fruit (prunes, etc.)
- Honey & Molasses
- Soy and Almond Milk (Tetrapak)
- Herbal tea – any kind (chamomile, rooibos, peppermint, etc.)
The Following is not urgent but needed:
- Cooking Oil (due to allergy peanut oil is not necessary)
Currently we have more than enough of:
- White Rice and pasta
- Regular/black tea
- Canned soup
- Beans & pulses (lentils, chickpeas, etc.)